The 1000 Miler JHB – CAPE TOWN
Enter the 1000 Miler 2018
The 1000 Miler is an adventure cycling race that takes place annually from Johannesburg to Cape Town and is designed to take the riders on as much dirt road as is possible between the two iconic cities. In 2018 the race starts on the 23rd of June and finishes on the 2nd of July.
Riders will have 10 days to complete the distance and checkpoint cut offs will apply. 2018 entry fee is R5600.00 per rider. The race fee includes accommodation at the start on a sharing basis. Dinner on the 22nd of June and Breakfast on the 23rd June. Race garment. Finishers medal.
The race incorporates the Free State Dash between Johannesburg and Bloemfontein approximately 400 kilometers and The Karoo Dash between Bloemfontein and Cape Town approximately 1000 kilometers.
Riders must comply and agree to the race rules, no outside assistance is permitted and resupply can only be by commercial means. This in basic terms means that you cannot uses any assistance or resupply that is not available to all riders. This ensures a level playing field.
Riders are self-sufficient and are responsible for their own food and accommodation requirements. The race office and Joint Operations Centre is mobile during the whole race. All riders have to ensure that they have the technology and means to charge their phones at all times. Riders are tracked via their mobile phones and must be able to be tracked at all times.
- CP1 WINBURG GUEST HOUSE WINBURG – CHECKPOINT CUT OFF 12H00 24th June JUNE 2018
- CP2 PROTEA HOTEL WILLOW LAKE BLOEMFONTIEN 06h00 25th June 2018
- CP3 WIMPEY COLESBURG – CHECKPOINT CUT OFF 27th June 2018 06H00
- CP4 DIE ROOI GRANAAT LOXTON – CHECKPOINT CUT OFF 29th June 2018 06H00
- CP5 SAPS STATION SUTHERLAND – CHECKPOINT CUT OFF 30TH June 2018 06H00
- CP6 BIZAANSGAT FARM-CHECKPOINT CUT OFF 1ST JULY 2018 12H00
- CP7 DIE DORP OP DIE BERG
- CP8 RIEBEEK KASTEEL HOTEL
- FINISH EDEN ON THE BAY BLOUBERGSTRAND – FINISH CUT OFF TH 2ND JULY 2018 12H00
Riders are supplied with a suggested route to ride in the form of GPX tracks.
Enter the 1000 Miler
Entry Payment Details
Payment for The 1000 Miler race entry fee can be made in the following account:
Massive Sports Management
Standard Bank Johannesburg 00020500
Account Number 00000353515
Proof of payment to be sent to